Removal of Deposits in the Rotary Kiln with High Pressure Water
There are two processes in the cement industry for the removal of the deposit creations in the preheaters and the rotary kilns during the running operation: Air guns (pressure gas-technique) and High-pressure-water-jetting. With WOMA high-pressure technology excellent results are obtained quickly for low forces applied and deposit creations can be reliably removed without interrupting production.
The solution, a long high-pressure lance is inserted through an opening in the kiln and the baked-on material is literally blasted off the fireclay by the hydraulic power of the water jet and by the thermal effect due to the temperature difference. Even the oldest hardest deposits and hardened out soapstone deposits are reliably removed by the high-pressure jet. This technology can be applied more flexibly and it is applied where air guns are unable to solve the deposit creation and where other methods have failed.
Temperatures of 1200 °C to 1450 °C prevail in rotary kilns. A highly demanding and critical working area in whose surroundings many cleaning tasks arise, for example in entry chamber of the rotary kiln due to dirt accumulation, in the stack preheaters, the various cyclone outlets of the heat exchanger, in the region of the raw mixture feed and in the region of the bypass outlet as well as the transport conveyors due to alkali-containing dusts. WOMA high-pressure water jetting is a superior method, both technically and commercially, and is being used increasingly by companies for this and similar applications.
- Special accessories adapted to the individual requirements and needs of the cement works
- Fast results of deposit removal by the use of continuously pressure regulation up to the max. Pressure and the use of special lance technology
- No damages of the refractory liner
- Selective working only there where deposits exists
- Enormous increase of the security through the handling from outside without the risk to open all doors and stab- holes, which exposes the direct heat to the users
- Accurate definition of performance and effect of the lances
- Exclusive use of controlled and certified equipment in accordance with the valid regulations and laws
- Plant Shutdown and production downtime can noticeably be reduced or even completely prevented